My Blog List

Friday 7 February 2014

Isaac- Thriller openings which could relate to our 2 minute thriller

We want our antagonist to be a very strange, psychologically damaged character who also has a very strange routine. This relates to the beginning of the film 'American Psycho'. Patrick Bateman [the main character] talks about having a "rigorous exercise routine
"I leave on [my face mask] for 10 minutes whilst I prepare the rest of my routine"

This is another sequence in which a routine is conveyed. It is a section from a TV series called 'Criminal Justice'. This routine starts at: 4:34

Another sequence from a film that relates to our thriller movie opening is from this film; 'Se7en'. The low key lighting in this film is similar to the effect we are hoping to achieve and the sense of a routine is also an idea close to ours.

1 comment:

  1. certainly has potential regarding establishing your character. I think your biggest problem is going to be having too many good ideas and too much material. Still, better that than none at all.

    ReplyDelete